NSM

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
I have a Casio digital technical watch that seems to be broken. I was
hoping that taking the battery out may reset it so it will work right.
Unfortunately, I can't get the battery out. I was hoping
someone here might be able to help me.

The model number is: CA-53W (437). I've read the instructions a
zillion times but they don't appear to be entirely accurate. There's
some sort of metal plate covering the battery that won't lift up or
turn. The instructions say that a screw(s) needs to be removed first.
However, I only see one screw in the watch and no matter how much I
turn it, it won't come out or lift up.

The watch has a time display on it but none of the buttons work. They
stopped working a few months after I got it about 13 years ago. I took
it to two repair shops but they wouldn't/couldn't touch it. Oddly
enough, the original battery (CR-2016) is still working.

Can anyone help me?

Any half way decent radio repairman could fix it but you won't want to pay
for the repair!