George E. Cawthon

J. Clarke wrote:
J.B. Bobbitt wrote:

It's worser than you think: The current (May 2005) American Woodworker
has an article entitled "10 Things You Need to Know About Plastic Lumber".

Just the fact that they call it "lumber" is crushing. It's a sign of more
to come. We'll get "Sunny D" instead of orange juice, plastic lumber,
soilent green instead of meat and vegetables.

What would _you_ call it? "Plastic things from which other things can be
built using the same tools and techniques as for lumber?"

I suggest that one uses his/her brain and call it
what it is. It certainly isn't lumber. Plastic
lumber makes as much sense as plastic paper for
thin sheets of paper. How about plastic butcher's
paper. Manufactures and salesmen will do
whatever they want, but one doesn't have to buy
into their insanity for silly names, silly
spellings, exaggerations, and, uhh, just plain
falsification.