Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Stinkoman wrote:
Now I think about it, there is a soil stack outside which runs to the
top of the building, despite nothing actually going into it at that
level.

That's the vent for the drains?

This used to have an even higher (and rather silly looking) pipe into
the top of it, going beyond the height of the roof. I know this from a
photo of the building when it was first renovated. This high pipe is no
longer there - I presume it got blown down at some point.

I had the same, but had it removed when doing an attic conversion. They
ran it along the side of the house well clear of any windows and added
some sort of valve.

--
*It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.