Robatoy

lid wrote:

I'm sure what I need is out there but I have no idea what it is, or

what it's
called.

Think air. Use a regular bearing for centre-ing and an air cushion to
elevate.
Perfboard with some routed out channels and a regulator. Over a large
enough area, you'll be able to move tonnage with absolutely no effort
and the regular ball bearing will keep things in place.
10's of thousands of pounds, I tell ya. Four 12" diameter pucks moved a
buddy's printing press like it was floating on air...waitasec..it darn
well WAS floating on air.
You know how they stopped it from moving?

Yup... turned off the air.

btw...the compressor they were using was a 3 HP, 20-30 gallon tank. it
wasn't working that hard.
You only need a little air to get lift...more air does nothing.

Did I help ya? Huh? Huh?