Tom Ring

Richard Clark wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:12:47 -0500, Tom Ring
wrote:

A 432 MHz antenna scrubbed with a
ScotchBrite showed a .6 dB gain increase.
So B as in B, S as in S, as we say here in Minnesota.

Hi Tom,

You could measure to the accuracy of better than 0.2dB between two
separate tests? And at UHF too? Care to share how?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Well, you'd have to ask Mark Thorsen, WB0TEM, what equipment was used,
but the range is checked several times against the reference antenna
during each band we run, and is generally within .1 dB between checks.
Except that one day in KS. Boy was it hot.

I wouldn't bet absolute values are on the mark, but an antenna measured
against itself was reproducable. So I do believe the antenna improved
due to having the oxide scrubbed off.

tom
K0TAR