Dan Richardson

Jay,

We just replace them more frequently than dry desert dwellers. After
about five years (sometime sooner) they are about shot.

My two-meter omni is incased in a fiberglass radome and my wire
antennas are made with insulated wire with ends sealed.

Danny, K6MHE

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 02:08:57 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

Hello Dan:

So what do you use for being near the ocean?

Do you have to anodize all the aluminum tubing to keep the antennas up?

Jay in the Mojave

Dan Richardson wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 15:38:23 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

Anodizing the aluminum is kind of over kill as I have measured new
antennas and old antennas with 30 plus years of exposure to the
elements. No difference measured.

That might be ture in the Mojave but come up here on the norhern
California coast - on the ocean - and you 30+ aluminum antenna will be
noting more that a memory.

Danny, K6MHE