Dee

Default FSBO strategies

I'm doing a FSBO in a supposedly hot market area. I feel the house is
priced correctly (per an appraisal) and reflects a FSBO status. I have an
ad in the newspaper and am doing open houses every weekend. I have signs
on the nearest major road directing people to the house. The signs have
actually been more effective than the newspaper ad in getting people to
see the house.

I am seeking suggestions as to what else I can do to increase exposure of
the house to potential buyers (short of engaging a realtor). I see that I
can put the house on Realtor.com for a couple hundred bucks. Would this be
worth it, assuming I offer a commission to buyers' agents? Other sites
like Yahoo and eBay are other possibilities, but I'm unsure of how much
traffic they receive. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, Dee