Doctor Evil

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message
In article , djones2004
@nospam.tiscali.co.uk says...

"JohnH" wrote in message
I've googled and checked the FAQ but not found anything specific to
this
problem.

I would like fit a decent shower in my bathroom as part of a
shower/bath
combination. Its a small flat with basic plumbing, 1 cold water tank
and
1 hot water cylinder heated by an electric immersion heater, taps are
gravity fed (except the kitchen cold mains tap).

The problem is that the shower head height is less than 10cm below

the
water level in the cold water tank and also heating the water is an
issue.

From googling it seems I would need a negative head pump like a ST
monsoon to deal with the head height. But what about heating the

water?

What's wrong with the immersion heater for heating the water?

There nothing wrong with it, except I was kinda thinking along the lines
of something that you could have an 'instant' shower with. With the
immersion heater you'd have to wait till the water heated up first
before having a shower.

If I was going to use the immersion for heating is there a decent brand
of shower unit you would recommend that would do the job with the pump
attached?

Im beginning to think I could get away with this option unless the
alternative of an electric shower is not too much more expensive.

--

If your hot water cylinder is well insulated
and your thermostat is working

Or install a shower-coil cylinder. It has a coil at the top that high
pressure mains water runs though being instantly heated by the stored water.
Then a normal thermostatic shower mixer can be used.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download