Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com

I FIGURED IT OUT! It turns out that it is a 44780-type controller, but the
pin-out is -completely- different. I've now got a larger, backlit 2x16
display hacked in, hanging from the control panel. Now I need to find a
smaller one that will fit in the original space. (Overall dimensions ~1.5" x
2", with an active area ~ 0.5" x 1.75".)

The original LCD is made by (or is compatible with) ROHM brand displays.
Here's a spec-sheet:
http://www.rohm.com/products/databoo...f/rcm2228r.pdf

Pinout:
01: RS
02: RW
03: E
04: DATA4
05: DATA5
06: DATA6
07: DATA7
08: GND
09: +5V
10: Contrast voltage

A standard 44780 is:
01: GND
02: +5V
03: Contrast voltage
04: RS
05: RW
06: E
07: DATA0
08: DATA1
09: DATA2
10: DATA3
11: DATA4
12: DATA5
13: DATA6
14: DATA7

So, if anyone has a 10 pin LCD that they are unable to figure out, check the
above pinout and spec sheet - it might be what you are looking for.

Awol
awol [@t] i-hacked [D0T] com

"Christian Treldal" wrote in message
news
Den Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:08:26 -0800. skrev Awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com:

Upon closer inspection, a controller chip is imbedded in the LCD
panel, mounted right on the glass. No markings of any kind. I'm now
guessing (hoping?) that it's a 44780-type controller, in a 4-bit
configuration.

Here are a few pics:
http://66.28.88.130/support/ebay/lcd_1.jpg
http://66.28.88.130/support/ebay/lcd_2.jpg
http://66.28.88.130/support/ebay/lcd_3.jpg
http://66.28.88.130/support/ebay/lcd_4.jpg

Any ideas?

Yep, as I told you take any Hitachi based display, attach a piece of flat
cable to display and and plug the other end in the socket, where the plug
in the top right corner of lcd_4.jpg goes. Be shure that pin 1 goes to pin
1

--
Med venlig hilsen

Christian Treldal