Doug Miller

In article om, "Julian" wrote:
Did a search here, then searched around the inside of the house for any
other tripped gfi outlets. Didn't find any but reset them anyway.
Didn't find any tripped circuit breakers in the panel, but reset some I
thought might service the gfi outlet(can't read electrician's
descriptions of some of the breakers, musta been an MD in a former
life). I'm sure I've missed something. Do they ever just die? (gfi
outlets, not electricians....)

Yes, they do.

Before you replace it, you're going to want to make sure you've killed the
right breaker... and that might be a bit tough. If it's tripped, and won't
reset, it doesn't do much good to plug a tester into it. Probably best to kill
the main breaker. Then, after you get it working again, find out which breaker
controls it, and label it. Good weekend project might be labelling *all* of
them.

--
Regards,