chris French

In message , lynd
writes
For a long time I have tried to get a house with some land. I dont want the
land for anything other than to be away from neighbours ( I am an
antisocial old s*d). I haven't been able to find anything I want. Ideally I
want my current house but in a larger field. I currently have about half an
acre around me.

Where I live there is a field to the rear of me. It would give me the
distance I want from other people.
Its farmland and I know it cant be changed - besides there is an old mine
shaft in the middle of it.

Its not up for sale, but I was wondering if it is possible to approach the
owner to sell it.

Of course it is.

The owner doesn't use it at all. Ive lived at the rear of
this field for 7 years and all he does with it is let the grass grow and
cuts it in the summer.

How would I best go about this?

Ask him?

Has anyone done such a thing? can I employ
someone to approach for me?

Probably, but I think a personal approach is best. Find out the sort of
price for land around there first so you have an idea of what to offer
if need be, then go and have a chat. I'd give better reason for wanting
the land though.
--
Chris French, Leeds