lynd

Default A bit off topic.... but DIY of sorts.

For a long time I have tried to get a house with some land. I dont want the
land for anything other than to be away from neighbours ( I am an
antisocial old s*d). I haven't been able to find anything I want. Ideally I
want my current house but in a larger field. I currently have about half an
acre around me.

Where I live there is a field to the rear of me. It would give me the
distance I want from other people.
Its farmland and I know it cant be changed - besides there is an old mine
shaft in the middle of it.

Its not up for sale, but I was wondering if it is possible to approach the
owner to sell it. The owner doesn't use it at all. Ive lived at the rear of
this field for 7 years and all he does with it is let the grass grow and
cuts it in the summer.

How would I best go about this? Has anyone done such a thing? can I employ
someone to approach for me?

Whats the best way of doing something like this.