Harold and Susan Vordos

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
snip----

.. Even with a mask you will
smell iron for hours after grinding cast iron dry.
ERS

Heh! I can't even machine it without smelling it for what seems eternity.
For some reason, there's something in iron (gray and ductile) that doesn't
agree with me, or at least my sense of smell. I used to run a job that
had ductile iron dogs, which were a part of a drive I used to build for
Seagrave Corp.. They were used for opening large doors, or gymnasium
partitions. I ran a vacuum cleaner off the back side of the spindle and
discharged outside to keep from breathing the dust. Half of the operation
was boring the parts for a large bushing. The vacuum setup was a natural,
with virtually 100% of the dust ending up in the vacuum.

Harold