Harold and Susan Vordos

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote in
:

I strongly disagree with grinding instructions you've received. If
my opinion matters, here's a link
http://www.chaski.com/ubb/showthread...discussion&Num
ber=6 5662&page=&view=&sb=5&o

that will take you to a site where grinding is currently being
discussed. My posts clearly state a procedure for grinding that is far
superior, and explains why. There is some very good information
provided for anyone that desires to learn to grind well.

I was beginning to think that I was the only person that grinds on a
surface grinder that way. I've got a question for you Harold. Have you

ever
done any double disk grinding? I'm looking for a wheel supplier, and maybe
some advise. Very tight tolerance parts on a brand new very accurate
machine with auto sizing. I'd sure appreciate any help you can offer.

--

Dan

Hi Dan,

Surface grinding:

My mentor had vast experience and was gracious enough to not only teach me
all methods, but wise enough to point out the pitfalls of using each one.
I have him to thank for what little knowledge I carry with me today.

It's been a very revealing experience to find that so many grind by methods
different form the one you and I prefer. I can say with total honesty that
grinding by my recommended procedure is the best way, hands down, assuming
finish is important. That would apply to even small, dry grinders.

Sorry to say I've never touched a double disk grinder, although I have seen
one. If by chance you manage to corner some information about one, I'd be
keenly interested in hearing what you discover. We had no need for one at
the missile facility, otherwise we'd have had one.

Harold