discjockey1999 discjockey1999 is offline
Junior Member

Default Towel Rail Wiring

Hi there, my mother - awkward as she is - is having a heated towel rail fitted, which is fair enough. But she now would like it to be heated by a heating element which is a pain in the arse. Have questions about the wiring.

I know that the element needs to be connected via a fused spur, which is no problem, but the towel rails i have seen have had a FCU situated just below the towel rail. The towel rail is to be situated at the end of the bath (Zone 1) and i'm wondering if it's safe to have an FCU situated here or not. If not then how else could it be wired up.

Little help pls.