James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
i hope somebody can help me. i bought a doerr pump at a garage sale the

other day. they guy tol dme it had never been used but tis a little
old. it has a strange plug almost looks like a 240 volt. but the pump
says that its 115v. i know very little about motors! when i connect it

to my outlet with some wires.. it makes a humming noise and starts to
heat up. the motor is defineitly not spinning. im pretty sure the pump
works, im just doing something wrong. any ideas? the following is on
the pump patent:3311293 insul class a 5.4 A 60HZ 1725 rpm 1/4 hp mod no

0522v103c(?)186 single phase mtr ref 50156aa733 fr h487. thanks for
your help!

Check the wiring under the cover, many motors can be wired to 120 or 240v
though I've seen a couple that only had one voltage printed on them.