D Murphy

"Waynemak" wrote in
:

When reading the posts I realize the grinder I have will not take a
.005 cut, however alot of the information very usefull. I think .001
is about the largest cut I would want to make with this grinder,
making small advances at this depth gave very nice results. Sure it
takes time but I don't have the need for a 3000 pound machine for how
often I will use this. Now its time to find some other wheels and
experiment. I sparked in the chuck and it seems very accurate, and
smooth. Thank ypu for the great information and I look foward to any
other posts.

The power required is a function of the depth and cross feed. Reducing
either reduces the power required. Take .0025" and cross feed .010" and
you've reduced the power required by 1/2.

--

Dan