Bill Renfro

Why do you have 3 GFCI outlets on the same circuit? Only the first one on
the line needed to be a GFCI and it would protect all the other outlets
after it. You could also use a single GFCI breaker and then all the outlets
on that branch circuit would be protected. At least that's the way mine
work.
I am glad to here you solved your problem though, I would have been
surprised as well at the reading. They really should document that.

Bill

"Nexus7" wrote in message
oups.com...
I received a reply from Pass & Seymour's technical support. As part of
their "line load reversal test procedure," there is a small resistor in
the GFCI that makes it trip when the outlet is first energized. I don't
know if this procedure refers to what happens when first energized, or
if it is some other test that is performed during the manufacturing
process.

In any event, I (bench) tested this on one outlet, then on the curcuit
described. All 3 outlets duly tripped and the lights came on. After
resetting, all are open between L and N, and the circuit is functioning
correctly.

Thanks to all those who replied.