Andrew McKay

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:30:31 GMT, "Rodders"
wrote:

Hi, Wickes are presently doing an offer for their 15.6V Drill / Driver.
It has a 10mm keyless chuck, variable speed, 1.2Ah battery and
charger for £19.99.

The giveaway is the 1.2Ah battery. That's not good.

You really want a minimum 1.7Ah battery combined with perhaps 18v or
higher.

The configuration listed will have you recharging frequently IMHO. And
you need a 2nd battery so that you can have one charging up whilst the
other is in use.

Take note of the recharge time as well. If you are looking at 3-5
hours that isn't good because you could be halfway thru a job when the
battery goes down on you, then you lose half a day to get back on the
job.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk