Nick Atty

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:23:16 +0100, "Jeff" wrote:

I like my pine the same, light and I also like the natural look rather than
the plasticky varnished look hence I always use clear acrylic varnish as its
the only thing I found that doesn't darken the wood and leaves a waxed look
to it
But the wood does darken with age and lightens in the sun

I've got varnished (clear satin poly-u) pine doors and you can see them
darkening. I really like the colour pine goes after a few years.
Perhaps bright sunshine lightens them, but a lot of the darkening is
also caused by light: I've got one of those wide bolts on the loo door,
and the wood that is covered by it when not locked is notably lighter
than the rest after about 2 years.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)