Nick Atty

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:13:53 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Never tried MDF, but it should be OK, but dion't discount chibboard.

Pretty sure our table was 8x4 and 9x5 is the 'correct' size..

I've got, from childhood, a quarter size snooker table that stood on the
parental dining table. This is chipboard stood on little rubber grommet
feet.

As long as the table was flat, it stayed flat, but did tend to sag when
one of the leaves beneath it drooped.

I worry that your orignal plan might be prone to damaging the table when
being slid on and off.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)