LRod

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:54:14 GMT, LDR
wrote:

It has to be me. I'm about to replace three collets on Fein, Bosch and
Makita routers. I don't think I am over tightening them, but what else
could it be? I have soaked them in that green stuff, to no avail. Is
there anything I can do to restore them. (Even though I think it
obvious, I should spell out the problem with the collets is that I can't
remove the bits without a drift and hammer, and yes I do try rappin the
nut.) Thanks in advance.

Not all self ejectors work the same way. The collets on my P-C routers
are absolutely great; I never have a problem getting a bit out by
simply loosening the nut. My Bosch, on the other hand, has to be
loosened, then continue loosening past another "tight" spot before the
bit is freed. My Hitachis are the same way.

The "rappin' the nut" technique is principally a solution for collets
that aren't self ejecting, like on the PC-310.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net