Don Foreman

On 8 Apr 2005 08:22:32 -0700, wrote:

I'm looking for something similar to that in the link below in the
price range $40.00 - $70.00 **with an all metal base**. Any
recommendations?

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/105...6212/ccsyn/260

Gone through 3 or 4 from Staples and Office Depot that lasted no more
than a few months because the base was made of plastic. Basically, the
peg or stud on the base that fits in the mounting clamp just breaks
off. After that they are useless unless one improvises. Online searches
return many but it's difficult to tell what you're really getting even
if you ask someone at the store.

$110 for one of those lamps is outrageous. I bought one a couple of
years ago, with metal base, for $39 at Menards.

I think I've seen such lamps at JoAnn Fabrics. I don't know if
they're metal or plastic, but it would be easy to check in the store.
If they look good, then find a quilter or get on their mailing list.
They send out 40% off coupons quite frequently to their "frequent
shoppers". The coupons exclude sewing machines, but they do honor
them for lamps. I bought an Ott "true color" lamp for my elex
bench.