Waynemak

When reading the posts I realize the grinder I have will not take a .005
cut, however alot of the information very usefull. I think .001 is about the
largest cut I would want to make with this grinder, making small advances at
this depth gave very nice results. Sure it takes time but I don't have the
need for a 3000 pound machine for how often I will use this. Now its time to
find some other wheels and experiment. I sparked in the chuck and it seems
very accurate, and smooth.
Thank ypu for the great information and I look foward to any other posts.
"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message
In article ,
Gunner wrote:

Several comments.
First this guy just bought a Delta toolmakers grinder.
Its is about as light weight as you can get, so advising the guy
to take 5 thou is very bad advice! Believe me, I own the rockwell
version of this machine and it won't do it! Period.

Second. This machine is not equiped with flood coolent. Mist
coolent was an option. I have never tried using coolent because
of health concerns but I'm sure it would work better. I have done
a lot of grinding dry with decent results. Definately a step
up from the milling machine.

chuck