Wild Bill

Be advised that Emglo has gone out of business, according to a news program
(regional PA story) I saw a while ago. The major points of service are clean
oil of the proper type, clean intake filter(s), and proper draining.

You may be able to locate an opersting/service manual (and/or spare parts)
from a compressor dealer that sold Emglo. They were very popular units in
autobody shops and light industrial locations.

WB

"Jeff Dantzler" wrote in message
I recently picked up a good quality, small, electric compressor
used and would like to know how to keep it running well.
It is an Emglo AM78. Twin horizontal tanks, oiled pump, 1.5 HP.

Would some one give me a primer on compressor upkeep or point
me top a FAQ?

I figure I need to get the tanks drained out and possibly change
the oil in the pump.

It will be used to run nail guns and to blow out stuff that I'm
cleaning. Is there a cheap filter that I could use to minimize
crap going through my air gun when I'm blowing out some thing
important?

Thanks,

Jeff Dantzler