Proctologically Violated©®

Ingenious!
Euclid woulda been proud!
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Gunner" wrote in message
On 8 Apr 2005 07:15:03 -0700, "a6016" wrote:

A friend, who died of cancer about a year ago, was working in his shop
one day while I looked on. He was drilling a hole in a piece of 2"
square tube to make into a trailer hitch. He had a little tool or
device that he used to find the center, side to side, to drill the hole
into which the retaining pin would be inserted and secure the hitch.
Does this "thing" sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to find it for my
own use.

There are any number of such devices.

Take a short flat of CRS, 4" long. Drill a hole through both ends,
attach a spacer to each hole, so it stands proud.

Find the exact center of the flat, both in width and length, between
spacers, and drill a 1/16" hole.

Now, whenever you place the flat over a straight object, with a spacer
on either side, that center hole is in the center of the straight
object. No matter how diagnally the tool is.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"