Ted Edwards

Pat Gaglione wrote:
I need to make one spring (small shift lever return sprint) for an auto
restoration project. What would be the best way for me to find/buy a small
piece of oil-tempered steel wire? Any ideas are welcome. I need less than 3
feet. Thanks

As well as the hobby shops, etc. places like Travers Tool or KBC have
packages of it. A package is far more than you need but it's pretty
cheap in most sizes and you'll have it for next time.

As to making springs, I have used two methods: BFBI (Brute Force and
Bloody Ignorance) and, for more critical jobs,
http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/intro.html

Ted