Eric R Snow

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:24:39 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I own a small lightweight (1500 pounds) 6x12" manual surface grinder. I'm not
real good at getting terrific finishes either. My grinder manual says to ease
the corners of the wheel with a dressing stone, and this helped quite a bit
for me. I've always gone with the .0005" downfeed, wide crossfeed, and I'm
going to try Harold's .005" downfeed, .020" crossfeed.

I hooked up flood coolant when I ground in my mag chuck. It somehow got under
my table and turned the way oil to jelly. I haven't tried coolant since. Most
of the things I grind are pretty little, though.

I'm also planning to try precision balancing my wheels. Eric Snow told me
recently that little grinders really work better with perfectly balanced wheels.

Grant

Yeah, but what does Eric Snow know?