N Cook

Default Samsung TI 14N3 TV / VCR combo

Less than a year old but requiring frequent head
cleaning because of noisy picture replay.
Is this another supposed head cleaner gizmo?
Next to the supply side tape guide, on the curved-slotted
pathway, is a brass cylinder that touches the active
side of the tape , rotating with its motion, for no apparent reason.
I removed it, assuming it is some idea of a duff tape cleaner.
Anyone familiar with these ?

I tend to always remove those nasty foam supposed
head cleaners, on placcy arms that engage with the spinning heads ,
as seem to CAUSE dirty heads.

Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse