Guess who

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:35:53 -0700, wrote:

When we were having our house remodeled, the contractor used a 1 inch
square piece of wood with all the cabinet measurements on it. I
haven't seen anyone else use this system of making cabinets. Is this
an old system not used any more? Can't really find anything of much
substance on the internet either. Thanks for your time and efforts.

A "story stick". You'd use one if doing a lot of the same
measurements. One of those simple, handy tools, like a hammer.
You'd measure once [and check] on the stick, and apply that. Less
chance of errors in repeated measurement.