Neil Larson

I couldn't agree more on both of your points. The new manager may not be a
woodowrker, but, she sure seems to care. I went in to buy the fixed base for
my router table. I had seen it with a plate on their web iste for something
like $79, they did not have the same sale in the store , but, she gave it to
me anyway. She also told me anytime I found a deal on the site, print it out
and they would match it.

And Berland's is for sure a cool place to vosit. Going there today at around
1:00.

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
. com...
on 4/7/2005 1:26 PM brianlanning said the following:
I didn't think about that until I was online last night. I guess you'd
have to zip-tie it up. If you buy the 690 with the D-handle, it has a
stubby cord. I decided to buy that one later. It looks to be about

Thanks for that info.

money for the D-handle. I got a fixed base for the 690 from the very
same Rockler for $35 for use in a router table.

Hmmm, prices have gone up. Pretty sure the fixed base (type 2) was $40
last Saturday when I was in there.

There's a manager there who really rubs me the wrong way. I've seen
him at the ww shows also. But the guy last night seemed like a nice
guy.

Store manager there is a female now, Diane something. Only dealt with her
twice but she seemed to have it together and knew what it was all about.

There's a woodcraft in palatine. Maybe I'll try them on the way home.

Last time I was there (~ 3-4 weeks ago) they had very little in the P-C
line. Didn't ask but suspect they may have discontinued the line.
Overall, I like Rockler's selection a bit better. YMMV.

As long as you're in that neighborhood, have you ever tried Berland's
House of Tools on Route 12 (Rand Rd)just north of Quentin Rd? Only about
two miles from Woodcraft. They have a sign in the back by the service
department "If we don't have it, you don't need it!"

Largest selection of hand, power and stationary tools under one roof that
you're likely to find in the Chicagoland area.

Well worth the stop if you've not been there before.