Larry Jaques

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:14:45 -0700, the inscrutable Jack R
spake:

I need to spin a 24 inch round table at about 150 RPM several hours a day.
The motor will drive a belt going around just under the table at a circumference
that allows the slow speed.
What I can't find is a lazy susan or bearing that I can attach under the
spinning table and to the top of my work stand.
Because the motor is driving the table it is also pulling it sideways so a
standard lazy susan bearing might not work as they are designed for force
downward, not sideways.

Look for a tapered roller bearing. They're built to handle both axial
and radial loads in pre-loaded pairs. An auto axle and housing could
be cut down for your purposes. That would give you a fairly large
flange which had already been ground for a flat surface.

Any thoughts.

Sounds like you're making a potter's wheel.

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---