Unquestionably Confused

Prometheus wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:28:43 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

on 4/7/2005 10:52 AM brianlanning said the following:

I was meeting a friend at the schaumburg outback last night for dinner
(Schaumburg is a chicago suburb), so I decided to stop by the Rockler
store there and pick up the D-handle for my PC 690.

Question: Since the D-Handle includes a cord and trigger switch, what
do you do with all the cord already attached to the 690 motor? I
considered picking one of these up also but...

I just got one myself, and the cord on the 690 plugs into a standard
outlet at the top of the D-handle. It's a nice design, really- there
is just enough cord to allow you to adjust the depth easily, but not
enough to get hung up on anything. Of course, mine came with the
d-handle, so it is possible we are not comparing apples to apples
here. Mine only has a 6" (give or take) cord on the motor.

Apples and oranges. I was asking about retrofitting the standard 690PK
(Fixed base and plunge base) motor to the D-Handle so we have to add
around 5'-6' to that measley 6" of cord you haveg

Maybe we could just set the depth and then wrap the cord around the
router and make it a nice cushioned grip?