Conan The Librarian

When we were having our house remodeled, the contractor used a 1 inch
square piece of wood with all the cabinet measurements on it. I
haven't seen anyone else use this system of making cabinets. Is this
an old system not used any more? Can't really find anything of much
substance on the internet either. Thanks for your time and efforts.

I use *story* sticks on my larger projects. They're great because
they tend to eliminate measuring errors. Make the measurements once and
then mark everything from the stick. If it's a project you're likely to
do more than once, just write what it is on the stick and save it for
future use.

Chuck Vance