william kossack

Suggestion, find another handyman. This guy sounds like the type that
should not be trusted with anything more than a broom. He either does
not respect you enough to take care of your stuff or does not have the
sense to know how to correctly use it. I would have second thoughts
about giving him anything sharp to work with.

Ken Moon wrote:
"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1112854864.8bcb889b39cc8ea55591be79c02b21a3@t eranews...

if that poulon is the same one I had, I went through 6 of them, and 6 of
the
sears equivalent before I gave up and bought an electric sthil - the best
of
them lasted about an hour, the worst under 15 seconds - all failed by a
nylon gear stripping from it's steel shaft - bad design. The failures
happend fastest when cutting full bar length - with the sthil (which cost
more than the 12 prior saws), I've had no problems. So, be very gentle
with the saw

=====================
Bill and all who answered,
I decided to go ahead with the new chain because the old one is going to
take a while to recondition. A hired handyman was using it to cut some fence
posts, and he apparently let the nose of the bar get into the ground or the
concrete the posts were set into. Any way, it will take some major
sharpening/reshaping. I'll see how the new one cuts and go from there. This
Poulan electric has already outlasted the Remington it replaced by about 500
percent. It's a little over 4 years old, and has been used for trimming tree
limbs, turning blanks, etc. I've always tryed to let it choose it's own
cutting rate to prevent overload. I'll keep the other chain on stanby for
endgrain and/or ripping cuts. Thanks all,

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.