Nexus7

Ross Herbert wrote:
Good to see you got it solved. Don't they provide a TEST button on
those units?

They have the test and reset buttons, but these only workwhen connected
to mains, and I was reluctant to do that until I understood the reason
for the continuity.

It is strange that the manufacturer doesn't provide that information
on a leaflet or instruction supplied with the GFCI. Perhaps you

should
suggest that they do so to avoid confusion and a repeat of the

problem
for others.

The leaflet went into some length about the line and load sides, etc.,
but nothing about this. I hope the tech supp rep alerts their
publication folk, because emails to them since I received the reply
have gone unanswered.

Now if you hadn't been so inquisitive you would have just powered it
up like anyone else and you wouldn't have been any the wiser as to

the
initial leakage reading.

I was testing my wiring and not the outlets, and it was refershing to
find that my stuff was actually OK!