RG wrote:
I rerouted a phone extension in my house recently and wired it back

up the
same way.
It was working fine until a couple of days ago. Now when I pick up

the phone
on the
extension, the main phone starts ringin - either that or there's just

no
dial tone. I've
checked the wiring to make sure it's not loose....any other ideas?

Ronnie

Did you route the cable under a fitted carpet? the edge gripper may
have pierced it or there may be something sharp under the carpet, as it
was working initialy people walking over it may have damaged it. Did
you use the correct tool for inserting the wires into the socket? the
terminals can become damaged or make a poor contact