DeepDiver

"Pat Gaglione" wrote in message
. com...
I need to make one spring (small shift lever return sprint) for an auto
restoration project. What would be the best way for me to find/buy a small
piece of oil-tempered steel wire? Any ideas are welcome. I need less than
3
feet. Thanks

Or, do what I did when I needed a custom spring: I contacted a local (at the
time) spring manufacturing shop. It was dinky little shop in an industrial
area of San Diego and the guy really spent some time getting the spring I
needed just right for me. Didn't cost me much either as I recall.