Gunner

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:37:17 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Ron DeBlock" wrote in message
news
Congrats, Ed! I think they're assigning 2x2 calls for Extras now. If
you're not aware, the FCC allows you to request a vanity call sign for an
extra fee. You could get your old call back, if nobody else has it -
check at www.qrz.com

Thanks, Ron. My old calls were in Pa and Mich: KN3NSR and WB8KYW. I realize
that you can get a call in any area through the vanity system, and that it's
cheap, but I'd rather have a call with the region number 2 since that's
where I am now.

I'll try for the Extra first and see where that leaves me. Then, maybe I'll
go for the vanity call.

BTW, I'm in the market for a *cheap* 2M HT. g

Ebay

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,