Gunner

On 7 Apr 2005 19:58:42 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

I have heard of this problem before.

The clamping device on the adjusting lever needed adjustment.

Others have added a threaded rod like that used in the Miller
Thunderbolt.

I have been though the Century arc welder I have and have compared it
to the Lincoln tombstones that I have worked on.

The construction of the two brands of welders are more similar than you
might think.

TMT

I have the same Century, same clamping problem. Other than that, it
works rather well on ac or dc. Its one of my spares that I scrounged.
I need to either sell it to someone local or fix it and put it on ebay
or something.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,