Old Nick

On 6 Apr 2005 18:32:05 -0700, "monkers" wrote
something
.......and in reply I say!:

Operate the cylinder by hand, or with the help of some hand-operated
tools etc. See how much oil comes out/goes in if you take it right
out, fill it up, the push it right back. There is your capacity. If
you measure the stroke, you can also then work out the bore.

GPM will depend then entirely on how fast you want the machine to
operate.

Bending 1" rebar. The force required will depend a lot on the
configuration of the machine, and how sharply it bends the bar etc.
The further the piston is from the place where the rebar is actually
bent, the less force is required.

There are ways to get an idea of the forces, but the above would need
to be known. My ghuess is that a 4" cylinder running at the standard
2500 PSI should be way enough to bend 1" bar. But again, if you placed
the push right at the fulcrum that the bar reasted on, you would have
buckley's....

Seems I screwed up again, it was the "rod" that I measured, and
incorrectly called the piston. I looked in a catalog at some cylinders
of the same orientation and looked at the rod size compared to the
bore, and it is very different. I think Im dealing with a 4" bore and
the other is probably 5 or 6" bore. All Im trying to do is find out
what GPM the pump should be. I tried finding the valves on Parkers site
and got errors. I tried searching for the mfg. company and nothing
turned up. Can you guys tell me how to figure GPM with the info I have?
I couldnt find anything telling me the force required to bend 1"
rebar. I have emailed some companys with no answers yet.
Thanks guys, sorry to be such a pain
Craig

WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music