Howard Eisenhauer

Default Anodized Alumium for Antenna Elements

Hi folks, I'm in the process of building myself a screwdriver antenna
for my truck. Being the vain sort, I'd like it to end up being black
as that matches nicely with the other bitties sticking out of the
vehicle.

Q.- Does anodyzing negatively impact aluminum's ability to efficiently
radiate? I seem to recall reading somewheres that anodyzing leaves a
non-conductive surface, but on the other hand aluminum oxide ain't
supposed to be that great a conductor either & that whats on the
surface of any piece of aluminum thats seen air for more than a few
minutes.

Enquiring Minds want To Know-

Howard.