Richard wrote:
Kitchen install is nearly complete (thank goodness) but I have
encountered a minor snag-ette:
I intended fitting a pair of (car) speakers in the scribing panel

that
fills the space between the cupboards and the ceiling. That was

until
we decided that the cupboards should be higher up the walls. As

there
is insufficient space for speakers above the cupboards I was

wondering
if there are any that the collective experience of this NG would

deem
suitable for mounting below the cupboards.

This could be fun.

Bass drivers require a specific capacity of cabinet for good results.
If you pick one that requires the same capacity as the garbage disposal
unit, you could mount the woofer in that, under the sink, and have the
bass coming out the plughole. Thats what I call space efficient!

Or maybe for the true gurgle-free hifi experience you need bigger
cabinets for that nice deep bass: perhaps the under sink cabinets would
do. Mount woofers in the doors and put 8x heavy duty latches all round
the edges to secure them so they dont rattle in use. As long as you
dont need to get to the pans too frequently in there it should be ok.

Of course you'd need to damp the stored pan resonance as well. Rubber
shelves would help, and cast iron cookware would probably give minimum
resonance. Of course cast iron on rubber could cause a few problems,
like extreme sag. And the fact that if you take one pan off, the
resulting rebound might be so great as to launch one or two of the
smaller lighter items right out of the cupboard. But every hifi nut has
to make sacrifices.

NT