Hax Planks

Ron says...

They're like any store, uou just need to shop around..

I picked up a Delta 28-206 BS from Rocklers (N.Hills area of Pittsburgh) for
$459 last month.
Plus, with a promotion they had going on I got a $50 gift card to boot.
Amazon has it for $549, still $60 more once you add sales tax.
Besides you would pay 'Use Tax' if purchased from amazon, right

Most of their wood is overpriced however, but, again some deals are to be
had.
...they usually have S3S RO for $3.90/ bf, I think soft maple was the same
about price.

Not bad for small quantities, when you need it now.

Ron

For domestic woods, do some shopping around in rural areas. Ask
contractors or wholesalers where to get retail wood. Chances are they
won't say HD or Lowe's. I found this little gem of a place that sells
s4s white oak for $2.50/bf, walnut $3.93, cherry $4.56, etc. Incredibly
nice three man operation. Now when I go there, the guy in the mill will
point out the latest and greatest woods. Last time he just finished
milling some absolutely gorgeous walnut. They don't take credit cards
and I never leave with any cash in my pocket.