RonB

It took some time for me to learn the cardinal rule of using Danish oil -
and they tell you right on the can. You MUST WIPE it off after it sets for
15 to 30 minutes. This time depends on temperature, humidity and the
technique you use. You can often get away with not wiping the first coat -
maybe the second. But when the finish starts to build you must wipe. My
son and I built a quilt rack for his girlfriend a couple of years ago and I
didn't follow the rule. It took days to dry. Good news was I finally set
it in bright sunlight in our sunroom and it cured in a day or so.