carl mciver

wrote in message
ups.com...
| I have a Craftsman 48 inch cut riding lawn mover. Last year, the belt
| that drives the tranmission had a tendancy to sometimes slip off when I
| would puch the clutch in to change years or stop.
SNIP

| What can I do to adjust or fix this?

I seem to recall working on my mother's riding lawnmower a few years ago
while on vacation. Seems that after a long, long, careful examination of
how it appeared to work I discovered that a cotter pin was missing, allowing
the belt to slip off, and if in the right location when it did, that it
would damage the belt. Sears provided me with a simple cotter pin (there
was something else, maybe a washer? Can't recall.) after a couple day's
wait and I put it on. It was quite some time ago, so there's no way I'll be
able to give any more details than that.