Bruce Barnett

Unquestionably Confused writes:

I'm SURE that if I were to place the order for that Unisaw there would
be a catch to it, a surcharge for tailgate service, etc. but even so,
how would that compare to around $160-$170 in tax plus at least that
in trucking on top of a higher price tag to begin with.

Nope. My Amazon-bought Jet JTAS was delivered to my house for free.
AFB had it in a LARGE trailer, and the guy couldn't back up into my
driveway, so he put it on a pallet lift, and together we pulled it up
my dirt driveway into my garage.

I wanted to get it from the local Woodcraft store, but
1) They charged tax ($1050)
2) They charged something like $300 or more on the price
3) They would only deliver it to the store, unless I paid extra.

Plus I knocked off $25 on Amazon.

I don't feel bad for Woodcraft. I bought a Bandsaw from them, and many other items.
There are limits...