Avraham

On 7 Apr 2005 18:52:37 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:17:46 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:
Wes Stewart wrote:

I'm typing on a Dell. I decided some time ago I would never buy
another. It's worked okay for several years until the built-in modem
failed and I gave up and installed an external hardware modem. But
when I tried to add memory I learned that Dell stuff is proprietary;
Kingston, etc won't work.

Did you go to the Kingston site and find the right part number then order
it? There are very few machines for which Kingston does not have
guaranteed-compatible memory.

I agree. Kingston is top-notch for availability and for service. And if
Dell is doing the "you can only buy parts from us" game, that's another
reason to avoid them. For what it's worth, I never ran into that with
a Dell, but again my experience with them ended about 4 years ago when
I went to Apple.

And you have more options for buying hardware upgrades from Apple? G