Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
Verizon Wireless takes the prize in my book.

I just tried to call a co-worker on his Verizon cellphone (it's
lunchtime).
It didn't ring. It was on his desk...in downtown Milwaukee. No missed
call
notification, no ring, no nothing.

Problem with all cell phones (and beepers) is the building. Where I work, it
is rare to get a signal at all no matter who the carrier is. Same at our
warehouse in a metal building. Walk 3 feet inside and it is DEAD. Few
years back I looked into 2-way radios. The guy assured me it would be just
perfect. We could not get them to work 200 feet apart, but they had a 10
mile range outside.