J. Clarke

Wes Stewart wrote:

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:17:02 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"JC" wrote in message
roups.com...
BEST
Lee Valley
Grizzly

THE ABSOLUTE ALL-TIME MOST SINCERELY BUTT-UGLY WORST:
Dell Computer
http://members.cox.net/valk_ryder/dell/

Yeah ... but add Gateway to the short list. 83 year old Mom: "I have a
USB2 port on my 2 year old Gateway, but it won't work with my iPod
anymore?". CustomerServiceoxyMORON: "Sorry lady, you're going to have to
buy a new computer for that to work".

I'm typing on a Dell. I decided some time ago I would never buy
another. It's worked okay for several years until the built-in modem
failed and I gave up and installed an external hardware modem. But
when I tried to add memory I learned that Dell stuff is proprietary;
Kingston, etc won't work.

Did you go to the Kingston site and find the right part number then order
it? There are very few machines for which Kingston does not have
guaranteed-compatible memory.

When tech "support" went to India, that sealed their fate. I called
them one time about the modem... "Sir, you are going to have to
reformat your hard drive."

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate